About the program
This program is offered at NO-COST to participants. To apply for the Learning2Drive Safe program you must:
- Hold a valid Queensland Learner Driver License. Complete an application form and program induction.
- Be willing to attend a mandatory education workshop every month.
- Have limited access to a supervisory driver or a registered vehicle. Be financially limited.
- Eligible participants will also be required to have completed the no-cost Keys2Drive lesson before commencing in the TMC Learning2Drive Safe Program*.
*Keys2drive is an Australian Government-funded program that is not affiliated with the Learning2Drive Safe program and provides learner drivers and their parents/supervisors 1 driving lesson with an accredited professional driving instructor at no cost.
become a mentor
Would you like to support persons with limited access to a supervisory driver to learn to drive?
Can you spare 8 hours or more a week?
Join the Learning2Drive Safe mentor team.
Essential requirements to join the program as a Mentor:
- Have held an open car driver’s license class ‘C’ or ‘CA’ for more than 2 years. Complete the PrepL Supervisor course (no cost).
- Availability of 8 hours or more per week.
- Ability and willingness to work with migrants, refugees and disadvantaged persons.
- Hold or ability to obtain a valid Volunteer class Blue Card (free to obtain).
- Previous driver training/teaching experience.
- Experience with persons from diverse backgrounds and cultures.